[kj] (OT) Peter Murphy- Ninth

TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Sun Sep 11 13:00:05 EDT 2011

Jay Retro wrote:

After several lack-luster albums, Ninth is approaching becoming a PM classic for me. It's already my fourth favorite one, and is
beginning to surpass Should The World Fail To Fall Apart.
Also, STWFTFA has been re-issued in the UK on Cherry Red with a bonus disc of singles and rarities. The second CD has most of the
tracks that comprised the ultra-rare Composition disc, along with outtakes and a Bowie cover.

If you have written off Peter Murphy in the past, you should really check him out again. He's in fine form with this new album.
Jay

Murphy's been touring very small clubs and even coffee houses in the US this year and is coming back for another round of shows in
November and December playing theater-sized venues. He mixes up the set a bit every night and has been performing a couple Bauhaus
tunes like Silent Hedges and Stigmata Martyr. I'm not too enamored of his current live band o' scrubs though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd1Q1OthA0M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hsD09NoiLE

T.B.