[kj] new topic The Fall

Alex Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 19 13:53:46 EDT 2011

Pick yourself up a copy of the A-SIDES compilation (although it's a sobering twenty years old, or so). There is nary a bad cut on said disc. Pretty much all you really need from The Fall on one, shiny platter.

I can't say I've heard much of their post-90's work and you're right -- precious few remain beyond mainstay Mark E. Smith. More to the point,... will they even play classics like "Right Place, Wrong Time" and/or "Cruiser's Creek" in 2011? I'd bet not.

They have been capable of greatness in the past ... however fleetingly.

Alex in NYC