[kj] (OT) Adam and the Ants questions...

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 3 18:32:51 EDT 2011

 Hello folks!

Yesterday I made the formidable leap of actually buying my first Adam and the Ants CD: the funky expanded edition of Dirk Wears White Sox with the later singles on. It's great and all that, but it has left me needing answers to a few questions, so of course I turned to the wizened old gnomes of the Gathering...

a) Is this, as I've heard it called, his best album?

b) Since I like it, should I invest in Kings of the Wild Frontier?

c) Did the band routinely put blinding 'choons ('Beat My Guest', 'Physical' etc) as b-sides? Should they be tracked down too?

d) Can anyone here play 'Physical'? I think I have it figured out, but am I right in thinking the riff moves between E5 (022) and the open strings?

Help would be appreciated!

Jim.

NOW AVAILABLE: Flowers From Hell: The Modern Japanese Horror Film, by Jim Harper (Noir Publishing).

"Fascinating overview of the Japanese horror boom... Comprehensive, in-depth and slickly presented."- DVD Monthly.

Available from Noir Publishing, Amazon.co.uk, Waterstones and all good bookstores.