[kj] (OT) Dangerous Dancing?

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 30 18:02:54 EDT 2011

'Intimidation' is a lot better than the treatment others get at the hands of actual armies of occupation and less restrained police forces around the globe. I'd imagine there are plenty of people in, say, Iran who would relish the chance to get carted off to waste a few hours in a cell before being released largely undamaged.

As for keeping people in check, it's obviously not working. As demonstrated, youtube's full of people exercising their right to be 'unchecked' before telling the entire world about it. I don't see many of them becoming reluctant to open their mouths in future or resolving to stay 'off the radar' from now on. In fact, there are plenty who appear to make a living (or at least a reputation) from not being 'checked'.

Jim.