[kj] OT: Corporate gigs

Rheinhold Squeegee kjlist at live.com
Fri May 20 11:06:55 EDT 2011

Corporate/Private gigs are probably the most lucrative available to any working entertainer. I have a friend in a local swing band who can maybe clear $400 at a bar gig and $3000 at a wedding or corporate party. They have deeper pockets and are clueless about what things cost. Musicians need to eat. Discuss.

Also, back in the 90's I recall the CEO of some local Interwebs company who paid $500,000 (sans backline) to have The Eagles play for app. 200 people in the back yard of his mansion on Lake Minnetonka. The company later went broke.