[kj] KJ VIP UPGRADE on NA Tour!!!

TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Tue Mar 29 12:53:17 EDT 2011

I'd probably be up for something like this if a decent pre-show soundcheck was included.

Back in 2004, I caught the Van Halen/Sammy Hagar (borderline disastrous) reunion tour and did the so-called 5 Star package which
included being let in the arena in the afternoon when the band did their soundcheck. That was actually infinitely better than the
concert itself that night as Hagar (thankfully) wasn't there, so it was Eddie, his brother and Michael Anthony ripping through over
half an hour's worth of David Lee Roth era classics, some shouted requests either as instrumentals or with Anthony singing lead vox
with only about 75 other people hanging out on the stage. I'd love to see a similar thing with KJ informally playing a half dozen
deep cuts, covers, jams - whatever during an afternoon soundcheck. That, I'd pay money for.

I have really no desire to meet and talk to the band under such circumstances though, partly because it's a fairly regimented affair
and partly because as a fan, I don't want to ask the same old questions these guys have fielded billions of times - "Where's Gems Of
Power?" "Will you play (my 2 or 3 personal deep cut favorite) songs?" "If there was a fight between The Illuminati and Al Qaeda, who
do you think would win?" and on and on. I'm in it for the music, not one on one social interaction in a setting barely one step up
from a table at a Hollywood celebrity autograph show.

T.B.