[kj] OT: Strap yourselves in - first CHI then CALi.

bongo humanhybrid666 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 16:24:38 EDT 2011

postponed indefinitely..."

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 9:19 PM, Brendan Quinn <bq at soundgardener.co.nz>wrote:

> The US generates up to 20% of its power from nuclear, all of it stable 24/7

> baseload generation, vs most forms of renewable which are variable and not

> as suited to baseload. If nuclear generation stopped tomorrow the lights

> would all go out. It’s just not going to happen in the short term. Can’t

> watch American Idol when your power is being rationed…

> Long term I agree, we have to come up with new forms of clean, low-risk

> generation, conversion, transmission and storage, in fact it’s bound to

> happen and will be economically transformative for the global economy. And a

> massive investment opportunity for those who position themselves ahead of

> time.

i know i'm being naive, but until our society does things the right way, for
the good of all instead of for profit at the expense of the
masses/environment, things will be fucked. we are all in this together!

tesla had the right idea - thinking about it as a holistic integrated part
of human/environmental culture/co-habitation.. NOT as control and profit by
a few over the many. this capitalst mindset will be our downfall, we need
to realize we are all in the same boat