[kj] 2012

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Mar 17 19:21:24 EDT 2011

Just reading about the Chch quake. So many compounding factors, they
actually experienced a lot more acceleration shock than Japan, turns out
the fault line points like the barrel of a gun right at the city, there's
a new effect called the Trampoline effect, and all sorts of technical
geological funky things were happening over a 20 minute period which
resulted in the disaster.

I think technically the last one was an aftershock itself as well.

Overall the buildings held up well, the vertical acceleration they
experienced is twice what is designed for, and NZ is at the forefront of
quake proofing technology so the building code has high standards by
international levels already. One of the key designs used in quake
proofing buildings is an NZ invention.

>>> http://survive2012.com/index.php/2012possibilities.html

>>> Bunkum or not Mother Nature has seemed to be getting increasingly

>>> volatile