[kj] OT: Kyuss Lives review

Neil Perry 65snoopy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 04:42:34 EDT 2011

Nick Oliveri was on bass (perhaps another reason Homme won't join in?) and
yes Brant on drums, which is why
I was surprised that so they played so much from 'Sky Valley'. As I say, not
that I'm complaining!
John Garcia is heavily pushing his solo project due out this year - Garcia
Vs Garcia - and there were posters
all round the venue for it, but they guy seemed genuinely moved by the crowd
reaction to the show.
At the end of the gig he just stood on stage looking round the venue and
beaming. He is great to
watch - the guy drips charisma.
And after Brant Bjork's many solo records, you forget that he's a great
drummer!
Of course, if Homme had been there, the vibe would no doubt have been
different, but I think
all eyes are on Oliveri and Garcia anyway - and when it sounds as good as
this gig did, it
really makes little difference.

I was just blissed out during Whitewater - never thought I'd get to hear
that song live again...