[kj] Best Gig*(After 91)

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 11 07:46:52 EDT 2011

I've only been to 2 Joke gigs. The first was Bristol on the KJ2003 tour with Raven and Ted Parsons. Great gig, fantastic rhythm section. The second was the second Forum night at the end of the reunion tour: mindblowingly good. I never thought I would get to hear songs my 4 favourite Joke albums (self-titled, Night Time, Extremities, Pandemonium) at the same gig. Big Paul was simply astonishing. It's a shame I never got to see my favourite lineup together (Jaz, Geordie, Raven, Big Paul), but I did see them separately.

Other question: did 'Termit Mound' really get an outing on that tour? Aside from MINOG, what extremities stuff has been played since that album's tour?

Jim.