[kj] Turn your knobs up to ’11 poll

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 12 11:02:17 EST 2011

Name: Alex in NYC

Model: 1967

Special power: I have a boundless mental capacity for utterly meaningless trivia.

Best film(s) you saw last year (not necessarily released last year): "Exit Through the Gift Shop"

Best TV show(s)/series you watched last year: "Mad Men." Yes, it's that good.
"
Best album(s) & single(s): ABSOLUTE DISSENT by Killing Joke. "Rush to Relax" by the Eddie Current Suppression Ring

Best book(s) you’ve read: "Life" by Keef Richards

Best gig(s): Killing Joke at Irving Plaza, The Specials at Terminal 5, DEVO at Irving Plaza, Pissed Jeans at Cake Shop

Best stand-up (gigs or TV, DVD etc): No idea.

Worst film(s): I
don't get out to films that much anymore, but we foolishly rented "It's
Complicated" (with Alec Baldwin, Steve Martin and Meryl Streep) and it
was the worst heap of pungent dung I've ever subjected my senses to. It
made me want to throw out my DVD player.

Worst TV show(s)/series: "Sarah Palin's Alaska"

Worst album(s) & single(s): That
I bought? Hmmm. I wanted the Devo album to be better, but I wouldn't
call it "worst." On the larger scale, there was more bad music released
than year than can be humanly quantified, I wouldn't know where to
begin.

Worst book(s): Fortunately haven't gotten to one in 2010. But with that being said the amount of reading this year was much lower then usual.

Worst gig(s): Hmmmm....I cannot think of one. National or local.

Worst stand-up: uh...

Any other highlights/low-points: High. Moving into a 100 year old house with my smarter-half. Low. My job (which ended on the 31st), and all of my financial woes that I am trying to wrap up.

If you had to live your life by a single motto, what would that be? Lets kick Binky's dick.

What’s your favourite constellation? What? Uh how about Aries.

Twitter or Facebook? None of them. Don't follow me. I don't know what I'm doing.

Hero of 2010: Meghann

Zero of 2010: Oprah Winfrey. I want to kick her in the dick.

Any resolutions for this year: I don't believe in resolutions (they are meant to be broken and try to improve yourself all the time) but I am finalizing my financial problems and finally getting into semi-shape.

What were your childhood ambitions? Have you managed to fulfil any or all of them? No ambitions so I guess I fulfilled all of them.

If you could make one species of animal extinct, what would it be? Sea Gulls. Seriously. I guess I am a speciast.