[kj] (OT) Adam Ant @ The Electric Ballroom - Bipolar Sado-masochist

Paul Wady paulwady at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 4 15:43:12 EST 2011

Let us not forget that our hero is actually, proven and trusted to be, a bipolar sado-masochist.
Makes sense he would actually conspire against himself, by doing things to his own set and his band in order to create trouble in a gig. This gets him abuse, pain, which he then fights as we see in the film.
See? He sabotages his own behaviour and his life in order to live with tension and pain. Lots of different forms of it. All that sex in Dirk wears white sox is not exactly vanilla!

I think to really understand and appreciate him, you need to see him as a self-destructing art-form.
?