[kj] Roundhouse gig 2012 -Chameleons VOX

Nick Scott npscott at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Aug 4 06:53:18 EDT 2011

For me I am kind of in Camp 2, but having seen Chameleons Vox many
times, whilst it is nice to hear "Cabaret Chameleons" stuff and can
appreciate it's a way to earn money, I still would prefer to hear Mark
do some new stuff outside of what he has done with Black Swan Lane.

The main problem for me with Chameleons Vox now is that recently the
setlists have gotten a bit stale, aside the once them throwing in the
rare "Dali's Picture" I would like to hear more in the way of variety.

Whilst his projects (The Sun & The Moon, Sons Of God, Burgess &
Altana, Invincible) have not garnished anywhere near the popularity
The Chameleons had, they still showcased some great talent, and I
would personally like to hear more of Marks songwriting abilities,
such as the "Bird" gigs he was doing with Yves Altana.

However after the disaster that was at Sheffield where only about 20
people turned up and there were tables in front of the stage to sit
at, I know at one stage Yves turned round and said "This is shit" and
that was the last of that project that never reached fruition of just
a couple of newly worked songs mixed in with Mark/Yves other projects.