[kj] OT : Poly Styrene

Paul Rangecroft paul.rangecroft at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 03:25:10 EDT 2011

Thanks, Adam. Sounds interesting. I can't stand the noise polystyrene makes
but will have a look on YouTube for some of this! I liked Kula Shaker's
second album, not the first so much, and thought the anti-retro backlash
they received in the British music press was harsh (not to mention the most
savage I've ever witnessed).

Mental illness in creative people is a double-edged sword that can hinder
and power the process in equal measure. Bi-polar disorder would explain
Youth's stellar/grounded description and a sharp sense of humour is
sometimes the best reaction to one's own suffering. Shame it didn't quite
work out for your friend who collaborated with her.