[kj] OT : Poly Styrene

Devacor at aol.com Devacor at aol.com
Tue Apr 26 18:14:04 EDT 2011

In the early 90's my best friend at the time was in a project with her
called 'Flower Airplane' - A bit vedic/'krishna"infused' and crisp and poppy-
I'd say close to the female version of Kula Shaker, or something as such.
for all the work I have heard of hers, that was probably the best (talent
wise and poised for alternative and commercial success)--but they never
really could get it together. she actually had mental issues and would just
crash and burn (highly bi polar and borderline schizophrenic)-- I felt bad
for my friend as he had so much wrapped up in this- and she did too.
sad to say, her absence from music was probably largely due to managing
this issue.
she was a Krishna Devotee and had the name 'Maharani' - that was what
Youths tweet was in reference to.
as Youth mentioned, she was really special and its a real shame we (all)
could never fully see the brilliance she really had in her-

Adam

In a message dated 4/26/2011 2:20:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,