[kj] Manchester

jane.shadforth at shell.com jane.shadforth at shell.com
Mon Apr 4 03:53:44 EDT 2011

I had a quick chat with Rob (the reviewer), just after the Manchester
show. The last time he saw them was Blackpool in 2009, which, (it has to
be said), was a spectacularly good show, (even though I was enormously
jetlagged at the time after just returning from my Earthwatch assignment
in NWT Canada). That show had a fantastic atmosphere, and a lively crowd
throughout.

Rob loves KJ, but in comparison to Blackpool, thought the Manchester
show was somewhat lacking, and give those expectations, was a little
disappointed... Although I had a great time, I have to say I'm inclined
to agree - maybe because it was between Notts & London, the band didn't
seem 100% switched on, and perhaps because it was a school night the
crowd were definitely somewhat subdued. Really slow getting going, had a
few small 'moshes' in the middle, and then seemed to run out of steam...

London was a different show altogether - great sound, lights etc &
atmosphere, and even though we were falling over the seats at the front,
there was a great party vibe!!!

Jane