[kj] Thank You Comrades

Bradford Pomeroy bradfordpomeroy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 04:47:10 EDT 2010

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm glad to be here. I've been reading up on
your posts and am pretty disappointed with what has happened to some of you
in regards to wasted plane tickets, hotel reservations, vacation time, and
of course, Gems of Power. I really think that it's a lame way to treat fans.
I believe that if you claim to be releasing a recording and are taking
prepayments, you have an obligation to either release it or see to it that
those that put in their hard-earned cash get reimbursed.

I really love the music this band has put out, but sometimes, I wish I
didn't even know this stuff. Ian MacKaye used to say that "no matter what,
you always make the gig." Has the band ever made some kind of a
statement/apology regarding this?

On a lighter note, I am enjoying most of Absolute Dissent. I just wished it
underwent some stronger production (and distribution). What happened? I was
playing Democracy today and marveling over the power of its production. KJ
2003 took it even further. But then HFBOH came out. The best way for me to
enjoy it is to think of it as some demo recordings of various songs that
were never released. Imagine Universe B or Invocation on KJ 2003? My
favorite new songs are: Absolute Dissent, Here Comes the Singularity, Fresh
Fever, Honor the Fire, Raven King, and ESS. It's great to hear Jaz sounding
so clear again. I just wish he'd lose the clown makeup. That guy is
immensely intense and just him alone with his eye contact and hand gestures
are fierce. IMHO he doesn't need all that get up. When I saw them in DC,
both Jaz and raven painted their faces, plus Jaz was sporting this shredded
black robe with little bones hanging from it. Come on.really? They did play
Kings and Queens though. I wish I could have seen them play Darkness Before
the Dawn. It was great to see Parsons on drums. I had not seen him since
PRONG. I hope to catch him some other time while he's out with Jesu.