[kj] Fleece Review

Nick Scott npscott at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Sep 26 08:24:33 EDT 2010

I can do a far more coherent review I think, I am only wasted because
I went already with man flu, and really do feel after it all like I
have real flu today...so was on the pop....yes real pop last night.

To start with, nope they didn't play Butcher at all...they opened with
Tomorrow's World. I cannot remember the track running order, but can
remember all the songs and relevant albums, so here we go :

Killing Joke 1980/EPs

Tommorow's World
Requiem
The Wait
Wardance
Change
Psyche

What's This For?!

This Is Madness
Fall Of Because

Killing Joke 2003

Asteroid

Absolute Dissent

The Great Cull
Fresh Fever From The Skies
In Excelsis
European Superstate
This World Hell
The Raven King
Depthcharge

Crowd were great, sadly although an enjoyable gig it was dampened my
Jaz's mood and the lateness they came on etc.

Considering that it was meant to have been an early start (no later
than 9, and the band off no later than 10:30) they didn't come on
until after 9:30 after waiting for a full rendition of another
frigging Sensational Alex Harvey Band blasting through the speakers.

Youth goaded Jaz to talk to the crowd, he didn't want to, no love for
the Gathering shown at all, Jaz was more content with negativity
addressed to his hate of the City of Bristol...with one amusing
comment after playing "The Great Cull" about ending life quicker by
jumping off the nearby Clifton Suspension Bridge.

After exiting the stage on the closer Psyche at just after 11pm, and
10 minutes of the lights dimmed low, with the crowd shouting for an
encore, the lights went on, still crowd waiting, but not to be, the
road crew starter dissembling Pauls' Drum Kit and the pissed off crowd
started exiting.

New songs fit in and went down well, crowd were fantastic down the
front, some moshing in the middle at times, but most seemed somewhat
considerate of others, lots of smiling and acknowledgement of
others..we Gathers deserved a lot more love than Jaz dished out.

Considering it was their first audience played to of their new
material, I really thought there would have been a better atmosphere
amongs the band itself.

Great night, slightly dampened by band (particularly Jaz's) mood.