[kj] ESS

TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Fri Sep 17 23:59:10 EDT 2010

Alexander Smith wrote:

Listened to it on the way home from work today -- and, by george, you're absolutely right. Better than I remembered as well.

That said, I also listened to HOSANNAS in its unwieldy entirety quite recently too. Sadly, my impression of it has not softened with
age. While I like bits of "Implosion" and "Majestic," I still think it's my least favorite album. Better than COURTAULD TALKS , I
suppose, but less intriguing than OTG (the myriad flaws of which still compel me to re-visit).

Alex in NYC

Interesting in that I've been giving Hosannas as well as Democracy listens lately during long drives (I can't even listen to OTG)
and aside from Judas Goat and Gratitude, and if anything, my attitude towards HFTBOH has hardened. There's really nothing I can say
I like about the album aside from those two tracks which aren't that great to begin with. And every time I hear Lightbringer, I
laugh - it's one of the band's goofiest songs and recalls that YouTube video of the long haired guy pretending to be Jaz.

T.B.