[kj] "Absolute Dissent": The Loudness Wars

Leigh Newton angrytomhanks at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 00:32:01 EDT 2010

I think the album is absolutely fantastic but, yes, the production is a little
squirelly in places. I hear it the most on This World Hell, when you really have
it cranked there are certain sections that just turn into a complete humming
din, no definition. Also, on the Raven King, the bass is EQed in such a way that
certain notes REALLY pop out in the low end but only certain notes, very
noticeable in the intro, again, when the volume is cranked up. Much better than
Hosannas though and, overall, not an abomination or anything close. But
certainly quite fucked.

Leigh

--
 http://www.nightruiner.com