[kj] Hammersmith highlights

Matt Tibbits matt_tibbits at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 18 09:35:09 EDT 2010

I don't want to raise expectations but Jaz was talking in Brussels about doing an Extremities based performance/gig at some point. The Revelations era brings back too many bad memories for Youth, sadly. We should rejoice that we heard The Hum at the Forum. Jaz is completely off doing anything from BTATS live. I think he associates it with OTG and the break up of the band.

There'll never be a gig that pleases everyone. It's great that they are playing so many new songs but I would have loved Singularity. I would have also loved Sun Goes Down, Feast of Blaze or Dominator. Blood On Your Hands or something other than Asteroid from KJ2003 would have been good, too. How well would The Gathering go down!? You never know though. How many of us would have predicted three years ago that they'd be opening their set now with Tomorrow's World and playing Madness? Probably right about the Raven comment though - we're less likely to hear obscure songs from the albums he did.