[kj] It's Here

Paul Rangecroft paul.rangecroft at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 05:46:46 EDT 2010

I bought mine from ... um... a well-known high street home music and video
chain. Got the Absolute Disrespect (to the fans) version because I can't get
enough of Jaz's ramblings. Actually, at least his worldview is a bit more
interesting, coherent and researched these days. He used to sound like
Nathan Barley but now I find myself affording him some, if not absolute,
respect.

The album itself continues to impress. I can confidently say it's the best
thing they've done since Pandemonium on the basis that I've already played
it more times than the last three albums put together. Firm favourites
remain so and the title track, European Super State and This World Hell are
growing on me. Gigs look and sound great, particularly the Brussels clips
(even above the background noise of the Gathering heaving the biggest
collective sigh of relieve since the Cuban missile crisis was averted). The
boys have got their Mojo back!

Speaking of which, it's good to see them getting so much positive press.
Fully deserved. Hope they shift lots of units.