[kj] (OT) Rediscovered . . .

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 20 06:42:48 EDT 2010

I was also into Shudder to Think briefly, circa their "Get Your Goat" LP
era on Dischord (love "Shake Your Halo Down" from that LP.

INTERESTING SHUDDER TO THINK FACTOID: Shudder to Think's first LP was on
Sammich records, a DC label run by ... Amanda MacKaye, sister of Ian
MacKaye of Fugazi/Minor Threat/etc. fame. Sammich also was home to late
80s/early 90s DC hardcore juggernauts Swiz.

Anyway, Amanda MacKaye in 2003 or so put together her own band, The
Routineers, whose only LP I know of is pretty darn good:

http://www.myspace.com/routineers

-Oliver