[kj] [Bulk] Re: Latest Blog Post from Youth:

Neil Perry 65snoopy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 17:59:24 EST 2010

Being an unashamed space nerd, a month ago I acted on a very long-held
ambition and travelled to Florida to see a space shuttle launch from Kennedy
Space Centre. Now this is a risky use of time/money, as it is quite possible
it will be postponed/cancelled - it is
of course the most complicated machine ever built by humans, yet it relies
on getting
into orbit by the ignition of what is basically a massive bomb. And sure
enough,
after I had travelled 3000 miles, queued for hours then sat around until
4.30am, it was
postponed 9 minutes before launch due to various safety reasons. Fair
enough,
there are six people sat on top of the massive bomb so every precaution has
to be taken.
It was to be expected. But I was still absolutely gutted.

Elsewhere, a band fail to get the recording of their new album to coincide
with a world tour.
I only mention these two things together because ONE OF THEM IS NOT
FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE.

PS: I witnessed the space shuttle launch 24 hours later. And it was awesome.
So never give up hope, eh?