[kj] The Complications opening for Killing Joke in Montreal

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 3 11:33:48 EST 2010

It's just one of those weird shows that always stuck in my head because
of the lineup. "PiL, with local opening punk band Minor Threat."

And from what Mackaye said, they were treated pretty shitty by Lydon --
the very, VERY few times MacKaye has mentioned the experience in an
interview, that is. Anyway, I think the lesson is if you go in assuming
the opening acts are these shitty, worthless, "podunk." unimportant,
throwaway bands, it could come back later on to bite you right in the
ass. Of course, Black Flag once opened for Venom. Ooof!!!

--Oliver