[kj] The Complications opening for Killing Joke in Montreal

GREG SLAWSON gregslawson at msn.com
Wed Mar 3 11:04:14 EST 2010

I remember in the old days of punk, in places like Boston (and LA, from the posters I've seen) there would be 3, 4, 5, or even more bands at a gig, for a reasonable price, w/no real headliner or opening bands. SST records bands were famous for this. And in Boston the garage/punk/power pop bands all collaborated and did gigs together, making for a real community atmosphere. These days music is much more segmented into sub-sub-sub genres, and there is less of a community feeling.