[kj] The trouble is......

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 13 18:41:03 EDT 2010

Um, that's not "the trouble" at all.

Another "Wardance" did come along. It was called "Universe B," on the
Japanese issue of the Hosannas LP, but not on the US version.

Often I get the feeling here folks thing good music stopped being made
circa 1995. I get the feeling no one wants them to do anything but "Love
Like Blood" and/or _Brighter Than a Thousand Suns_ type stuff. I am sick
of folks stuck in a time warp who think good music stopped being made in
1987, or 1995. "Oh yeah, It's good now, but X-Y-Z band already did
already better back when *I* was in the prime of *my* youth!" Basically:
Fuck you for being born too late, unlike me. I am very anti-nostalgia.

So, fluw, if you paid me, and gave me 3-4 months to prepare an argument,
I doubt I could disagree with you more. Indeed, I aggressively disagree
with you on this. Aggressively.

-0liver