[kj] Message from Jaz for the Gathering : KJ in China !

Matthew Burke marsboy1 at msn.com
Mon Jul 26 21:48:41 EDT 2010

GWEN towers! Post-apocalyptic state communication system, or Pentagon mind-control framework!?! I love this band!

(thanks Frenchy!)

From: frenchyfrenzy at killingjoke.fr
To: gathering at misera.net
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 22:03:02 +0200
Subject: [kj] Message from Jaz for the Gathering : KJ in China !

Hi all,

Just got this message a few minutes ago from Marie
Lecocq (the belgium
translator of Jaz’s book) who go tit from Jaz

“Dear
all,

Just
to let you know that KJ is heading out to China tomorrow. We are playing one
concert in Beijing
to 50,000 people.

With
the escalation of tensions in the Korean peninsula, it should be an interesting
trip. After much dissent and discussion, 12 tracks were selected out of the 20
recorded. So it is probably the longest Killing Joke album ever. I've just
played back the mastered version and feel incredibly proud.

After China, I'm heading to Australasia
and then I look forward to meeting you all on tour.

Jaz

PS:
Jimmy Cauty has done the front cover. It is the depiction of a GWEN tower.

PPS: the
title of the album is "Absolute Dissent".

I have 2 questions :

is there a chinese gatherer who could film and/or
record this gig ?

What is the official beginning of the group : 1978 or
1979 ?

Stephane “ Frenchy Frenzy”