[kj] Message from Jaz for the Gathering : KJ in China !

Frenchy Frenzy frenchyfrenzy at killingjoke.fr
Mon Jul 26 16:03:02 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Just got this message a few minutes ago from Marie Lecocq (the belgium
translator of Jaz’s book) who go tit from Jaz

“Dear all,

Just to let you know that KJ is heading out to China tomorrow. We are
playing one concert in Beijing to 50,000 people.

With the escalation of tensions in the Korean peninsula, it should be an
interesting trip. After much dissent and discussion, 12 tracks were selected
out of the 20 recorded. So it is probably the longest Killing Joke album
ever. I've just played back the mastered version and feel incredibly proud.

After China, I'm heading to Australasia and then I look forward to meeting
you all on tour.

Jaz

PS: Jimmy Cauty has done the front cover. It is the depiction of a GWEN
tower.

PPS: the title of the album is "Absolute Dissent".

I have 2 questions :

is there a chinese gatherer who could film and/or record this gig ?

What is the official beginning of the group : 1978 or 1979 ?

Stephane “ Frenchy Frenzy”