[kj] Killing Joke in China

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 20:08:33 EDT 2010

Good link.  I liked watching the headlines for the 3 Gorgeous' Dam change (by an
order of magnitude each time, no less!) with the increasing lowered
expectations,
http://www.chinasmack.com/2010/pictures/three-gorges-dam-chinese-news-headlines.html

P.S. I wonder what the Chinese people over there think of the West? Hm..

I have contatced the event organiders in China to ask them to confirm when KJ
will be playing but have not recieved a reply. Which is quite typical... This
event has been marred by non events in the past and lots of no shows. So my
guess is not to hold your breath on this.

I have lived in China for ten years now and read with with interest the comments
about China on the gathering. My two pence worth is as follows. China is
increasingly looking like the west in the big cities in terms of infrastructure
but all similarity with the west stops there. To say that western governments
are just as corrupt as China is well a pretty dumb statement. Yes politicians
are corrupted by power everywhere but at least in the west there are certain
systematic checks and balances that give the average person a right via the
media and ballot box a chance to highlight the worst excesses. This is not
apparent in China.

China never has been communist apart from in name. The current set up is another
is along line of totalitarian states.There never has been another way in China.
The government is nothing more than a cartel of vested interests and mafia. The
avergae person hates this system but have to play by the rules nontheless.

Since being away from the UK I find most westerners to be fairly self loathing
about the west but take for granted what the average person here would love and
that is freedom.

Check out www. chinasmack.comfor a glimse into the madness that is modern China.

P.S. It's still a fun place to be...

The new CD is not bad but could the songs could do with a chnage of pacing at
times!