[kj] Kali Yuga similar to Mass ?

jerry bodkin jelbod at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Jul 7 06:15:33 EDT 2010

I like em all. All very different tunes! Endgame is nice n chunky! Luv it!

Jelly

Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 11:41:19 +0200
From: 65snoopy at gmail.com
To: gathering at misera.net
Subject: Re: [kj] Kali Yuga similar to Mass ?

Well my package was finally waiting for me when I returned from a weekend away, and
I have to add to the Kali Yuga love-in. It's got that lightness of touch welded to a driving
beat that I thought we'd never hear again on a KJ song - in spirit it reminds me of Chop Chop,
Pssyche, AYR? (and musically yes Mass). Brilliant stuff and getting better with every listen.
Likewise Ghosts - a return to the innovation of that first EP (sort of) - who'd have thought it?

In contrast, the huge lumbering fart of Endgame is frigging awful. Hated it when I first
heard it and hate it more now... the arse-end of the lazy chug chug grunt growl sound they've sometimes
fallen into over the past few years. Weirdly, try imagining this being sung by Liam Gallagher
instead of Jaz and it fits, especially the chorus. Shudder. I pray the LP is more Kali Yuga
and a lot less Endgame. And In Excelsis is, er, sort of a big nothing, but meanders along
pleasantly enough. Still, 2 out of 4 ain't bad.