[kj] New Topic-Best Drummer

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Wed Jan 20 15:22:18 EST 2010

Atkins is reckoned on being great technically, but I'm not qualified to judge. He certainly turned in some great performances as per the recent video of Age of Greed.

Anyway, I first saw KJ in '83 (Fire Dances tour) and a fair bit since, so I guess I've seen every KJ drummer, and for me no one has come close to Big Paul. If I had to choose one band member who epitomises Killing Joke, I'd say it's him.

I believe that he had significant input in writing the music (including at least some of the lyrics to pssyche, apparently) and live he was awesome.

It's good that he's back, it's good that he's back, hello, hello...

Jamie