[kj] New Topic-Best Drummer

Karen Weil karen.weil at sddt.com
Mon Jan 18 18:58:12 EST 2010

Heh! Can't argue with that.

Karen
SoCal
----- Original Message -----
From: sade1
To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2010 3:50 PM
Subject: Re: [kj] New Topic-Best Drummer

Well ah reckun paht'nuh,
technique-wise and force-wise, Martin. Viscerally and incarnating KJ itself, Big Paul hands down. And he "brings more" to the band than Atkins did** - though from a chronological distance the Atkins/ExDAVRE period is nonetheless more and more eyeopening.
O sea, Big Paul can breathe into KJ Life Itself, and Martin is able to bring back the dead.
If only they both played together on a tour.. "two hearts.. beat as one..."

**just ask Karen

[looking at the current state of things..]

'Who has the fun..
..is it always a man with a gun...?
Someone must have told him if you work too hard... you can sweat"