[kj] ot - post punk cover band suggestions

The Mighty TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Wed Jan 13 18:58:00 EST 2010

jpwhkj at aol.com wrote:

Good call doing some Lords covers. I saw them a few times in '83 / '84 and
thought they were amazing (well, I was 17).

On reflection, Dave Tregunna's had a pretty weird career, hasn't he? Sham
69 and LoNC. Saying that, I don't think growing his hair made him less
inclined to have a fight.

++++++++++++++

Tregunna was also bass player in the short lived and criminally under looked
post Hanoi Rocks band Cherry Bombz and the post-Lords band with ex-Lords
drummer Danny Fury in the Kill City Dragons and Shooting Gallery. He also
briefly played bass in Dogs D'Amour and I'm certain he played bass for a
tour with some chick female pop metal singer like Samantha Fox around '85 -
87. Most recently, Dave played in a little known punkish outfit called
Endorfeinds and reunited with Brian James in 2001 in the ill-fated Lords
reunion and continues to play bass with James in The Brian James Gang when
they've played sporadic dates.

I've always been a huge Lords of the New Church fan and have occasionally
bored this group plugging them and talking about the occasional times I hung
out with mostly Stiv Bator and Nicky Turner back in the mid 80's. I've been
good friends with Adam Becvare and encouraged him to join the reunited band
in 2002 despite the obvious problems joining a band who's charismatic singer
Stiv Bator was long dead. Probably up in the top 3 or 4 bands of my life
and I saw them probably close to 20 times (especially when they lost their
deal with IRS Records and lived in LA in '85 - '87) between 1982 and 1987.

Regarding covering Lords tunes, "Russian Roulette" has been covered by a
lot of bands from Jesse Malin to The Black Halos. I'd also recommend
"Livin' On Livin', "Open Your Eyes," "Pretty Baby Scream" and "Murder
Style." If you want to see a really cool cover of a more obscure Lords
tune, check out Lords Of Altamont's cover of "Gun Called Justice:"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3ILH7p0M00

Here's a pile of live Lords vids that include songs from their never
released 4th studio album as well as one from their '03 reunion uploaded
along with some other stuff on my YouTube Page:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bacardicus#p/u

T.B.