[kj] (OT)Execution in China

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 15:18:12 EST 2010

On Thursday, December 31, 2009, jon chapman <jonniespatula at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> My final post of the decade,and i don't ever want to appear a cynical cnut,but this was probably the first time this drug smuggler ( and his relatives ) wanted themselves to be declared as British citizens.

Whilst everyone should be responsible for their own actions, the
victims here would appear to include the family. I know you have your
far right alegiences but I don't think it has any place on the
gathering and whilst you undoubtedly contribute a great deal here,
racism should not be tolerated. I'll say it where others won't have
the balls.

There is a clear ambiguity being put out where it would seem the govt
will intervene to help people who have blatently acted criminally.
However, I am aware that many travellers are duped into couriering and
are used either as scapegoats or as diversions.

To me, the issue is that there is a whole generation(s) who are spoilt
and incapable of understanding what responsibilty or reality is.
Priveleges are seen as a right and there's no understanding how they
got them. My grandparents and parents fought in wars to stop the tide
of Nazism and to give us freedoms but there is no appreciation how
these priveleges were come by. Historically it's happened to every
empire. an island off New Zealand anyone?

--
--
Pat Davies