[kj] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: Dancing like Jaz Coleman - austin DJ

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 27 19:33:32 EST 2010

It was at Elysium bt it's like a once-every-6-months thing. The DJ was
DJ Malediction aka Ely bat who is a huge Killing Joke fan (he had on a
bad ass Killing Joke patch on his jacket, even), but he lives in, and
DJs in, San Antonio, so he only does this up here like twice a year.

It's kind of stupid that Austin is supposed to be way cooler than San
Antonio yet the death rock thing he does where he plays Bauhaus/Killing
Joke/Misfits/45 Grave/Christian Death/TSOL/Xmal Deustchland/Joy
Division/etc/ (in other words, actual gothic punk) is in San Antonio and
as far as I know there is no regular event in Austin that does that.
Here a "goth" night means thump-thump-thump industrial techno music, not
guitar-driven post-punk rock on the darker side, which to me is what I
always loved and preferred musically.

--Oliver