[kj] OT: New Stranglers Single

Karen Weil karen.weil at sddt.com
Mon Feb 22 14:34:06 EST 2010

On a different subject, for the Devo fans out there, a most interesting article: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2010/02/devo-and-the-focusgrouped-comeback-album.html
----- Original Message -----
From: Darren A. Peace
To: 'A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)'
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 11:02 AM
Subject: Re: [kj] OT: New Stranglers Single

a) I love the Starnglers (apart, obviously, from Written In Red, which is shite)

b) It took several searches for Starnglers on iTunes before I was sensible

c) The new single is OK. I dislike the Oasis vocal tune in the verse (particularly unfortunate considering the subject matter)

d) I would rate it higher if they hadn't comparatively recently released their finest track (since Mr Cornwell joined his acapella band), the majestic Spectre Of Love, from their finest album (since Mr Cornwell &c.), the majestic Suite XVI

e) Oh all right, Norfolk Coast is better than 10 too

f) At least JJ is singing it

g) Does the world really need another Starnglers compilation?

Darren

Hungerford, UK