[kj] Killing Joke at The Wiltern

TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Sun Dec 19 19:44:27 EST 2010

wrote:

> That sounds tons better than most of the clips of post 2000 Joke. if Geordie

> isn't loud and on top of the other instruments then what is the point of

> listening to killing joke.

> What Is

> Amazing though is that mid 80's live joke clips the instruments are all

> defined thick powerful and with no redlining fizz. Live sound has taken a

> big dump in a porta potty since those years.

Live and recorded sound has gone down the crapper. It really seems it's becoming a lost art mixing sound for shows in anything
bigger than a bar these days. There's a few bands that have the talent behind the desk to pull it off though. The AC/DC show I saw
a couple years ago at the normally horrible sounding LA Forum was among the best sounding, not to mention loudest shows I've heard
in any sized venue in over a decade.

T.B.