[kj] NYC Reviews?

Devacor at aol.com Devacor at aol.com
Sat Dec 4 20:22:10 EST 2010

I feel about the same as this- about an 8.5.
Though contrary to what alex said I thought they had a bit more pop this
time then 2008- then I felt it took them 4-5 songs to really get in a groove
but once they did then they really hit a groove Ididnt see this time. - I
thought Jaz was more animated this time and Youth was more (seemingly into
it) -- and yes big Paul really makes a difference back there..
we had to split (unfor) after Great Cull-- personally nothing on the new
album has done much to bowl me over though Ive had some pieces grow on me.
I felt that what new that was played seem to play well live though.
It feel a little odd to have LLB to be played so soon in the set- used to
that being at the end or encore.

Had a very good talk with Jaz and Youth before the show- about 30
minutes non stop, which is a pretty long time when talking about dense topics.
Ive met and talked to others in the band over the years, but first time
speaking to Jaz- I wanted to wait for the right time. I found him very
friendly, good spirited (diff then in these doc clips) and generous with his
time- He wasn't just waiting to spew his talk, he was genuinely interested in
what I had to say or others input and gave time for others to speak- he was
also open to things also that werent quite his mindset-- He didn't want
to be pinned down into a fixed topic agenda though and decided to just start
free flowing and we took it from there- topics discussed were 2012 news,
NWO, permaculture, India, mystical hinduism and things as such- Youth really
started chiming in at the end and was very engrossed in making his art the
entire time- Everything you saw on the table he actually made before the
show. He was really proud of the fact he could create this art and have it
ready in a day. Then we saw him later down at the table looking over his
goods- he went into again how cool it was to have made it all that day and
now have this art for others- I found his mindset about it all pretty
endearing.

While we were meeting Jaz was (pot) smoking in the very small closed
part of the room we were in- since I dont smoke (nor my gf) and prob havent in
20 years-- it didn't take very long to get somewhat baked ourselves- So
after the meeting and before the show we walked around the EV in a bit of a
daze- was pretty funny-- I couldn't even remem they first song they played
last night (until I saw set list again) and that was something I wouldn't
usually forget-- good times--
Saw alex and a few others walk by but at that time we were pretty
pressed in at the front and had to stay there to get pics. hopefully will have
some pics soon...

In a message dated 12/4/2010 11:34:49 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,