[kj] OT Electronic: Yes or No

Bette Dillinger bettedillinger at live.com
Sun Aug 8 21:38:53 EDT 2010

"Scarface"......now you talkin' baby, that I like. You know I watch him, I learn, I like that guy. No but seriously, man, where you all at? The soundtrack is brilliant, because it is supposed to be cheesy 80s shit. "Tony's Theme", which is the opener and is played throughout the film, should clue one in that the producers and director knew who to hire for an over the top soundtrack. I am no fan of Moroder, but "I feel Love" defined the late 70s and early 80s....does anyone remember the David Bowie story about him rambling on how this was the future of music? Hilarious. But he was in an....altered state of reality like the characters of "Scarface".

But I am biased. I have seen the film at least 100 times, chicos. And I ain't no puta or thief. The script is genius. It is as over the top as Pacino's performance. I think it is a perfect answer to Michael Corleone, and it actually references James Cagney, especially in "Public Enemy" and "White Heat". There is an undertone of truth, of brutality, which the performance of Pacino and the naughty words of the script intentionally obscure.

Ultimately, it is about total anomie. I take that seriously, though I find the film infinitely amusing.

And F Murray Abraham.....what's with the dishwasher, chico? Ha......what a great supporting role.

Bette D