[kj] OT Electronic: Yes or No

folk devil folk.devil at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 2 12:03:50 EDT 2010

Most of my main interests in music are probably in the realm of electronic. At least for the past 25 years.
Came from guitar/bass/drums, to circuit bending pedals, to tape cutting/looping, to producing 'techno', doing 3 hour 'ambient' sets in Hardcore Techno parties, Ambient being a loose term as it was not of the fluffy bunny variety. Nowadays I am concentrating on field recording. It's the end sound that's important. Not the instruments. And you don't need a drummer, you only need a soul ;)
Two forms of electronic I don't really care for would be Trance that is made for fish, although I loved the early production of Hardfloor, Jones and Stephenson, Age of Love etc. then it just got mass market, and Diva House. I was very into acid house in the day, though.