[kj] OT: The Damned

Leigh Newton angrytomhanks at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 24 23:48:09 EDT 2010

I have compared them and I totally see what you mean.

Just kidding.

The guitar/bass riff in the chorus of New Rose is one of the catchiest things ever put to vinyl. And the chorus itself is a great hook, totally memorable. The drums are frantic and amazing. That little drum fill that links the breakdown to the main bit is so awesome. Christ Greg, do you even understand the very fundamental basics of music???? ;)

It is, indeed, a better song than Suspect Device and Rise Above as well (both fine songs). Fact.
http://www.nightruiner.com
http://www.myspace.com/thesunthroughatelescope
http://www.myspace.com/lauderdale