[kj] OT: The Damned

GREG SLAWSON gregslawson at msn.com
Sat Apr 24 22:46:24 EDT 2010

Love Song is good, but I never got what was great about Neat Neat Neat and New Rose. Granted they have a good

beat and an old-school sound, but both songs are pretty devoid of any melody, at least a memorable one. They both sound to me

like something someone could come up with in a few minutes. Compare them to songs like "Harmony in My Head" or "Suspect Device" or

even Black Flag's "Rise Above" or some good Rezillos stuff and you'll see what I mean.