[kj] OT: The Damned (was: Top 50 of 2000-2010)

Rob Moss rob.moss at gmx.com
Fri Apr 23 08:20:05 EDT 2010

We did a gig with him.

We both played to about 20 people!

His guitar was incrediblky loud and he's as deaf as a post (so the otehr guitarist said).

a real gent I found. As was Captain Sensible when we played with the Damned.

Vanian and Patricia Morrison were arrogant fucks though who looked down their noses at us oiks!

Speaking of ol' Brian James....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vassifer/3857039199/sizes/o/in/set-72157622145052490/

Here's me (I'm the gobsmacked schmuck in the blue shirt) sitting with
rock photog Bob Gruen, once-stabbed Blondie roadie Michael Sticca,
Brian James and "Brother" Wayne Kramer. Met these gents at the same
party wherein I first met Raven in 2000. I approached their table
(where they were all hanging out) and asked if I could take their
picture. They said, "Sure, but only if you get in it with us," which I
thought was cool.

Kramer and James were working on the Mad for the Racket project at the
time (which was also going to include Stewart Copeland and Raven, I
believe, but was kinda dead-on-arrival upon release).

Alex in NYC