[kj] OT: The Damned

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 22 13:31:00 EDT 2010

Maybe I am thinking bonus tracks, but I thought Lemmy also did bass on
the song "Suicide."

All I know is the cassette version I got of MGE in 1990 or so had both
"Ballroom Blitz" and" Suicide" on it, and I could swear Lemmy plays bass
on both tracks.

I am pretty sure you are actually right re: Lu Edmonds of PiL only being
on Music for Pleasure. My bad.

My overall point is the band won't play songs off _Music for Pleasure_
due to the horrible circumstances they felt the music was written under
- no one getting credit got anything save for Bryan Jams - whether the
songs were good (they are, in fact) or not.

Attached is a picture of a pic disk I have of the Damned 1978, when they
were a 5-piece that includes Bryan James, Dave Vanian, Rat Scabies,
Capt. Sensible, and Lu Edmonds of PiL.

Anyone on Facebook can see this same pic here:
http://www.facebook.com/oliver.sheppard?ref=profile#!/photo.php?pid=5502333&id=724731170

-0liver