[kj] Top 50 songs of 2000-2010

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 19 19:39:09 EDT 2010

Well, there is that, but also, the vibe is very different. With
Killing Joke, there's a whole maelstrom of palpable malevolence
involved, with Jaz being whipped up into furious frenzy by the sheer
dread of the menace of both sound and subject matter.

With Fugazi, there was this insanely tight precision to the music that
just wound them up like tops, and unlike so many of their peers, these
guys REALLY, REALLY, REALLY MEANT what they were harping on about.
Watching Guy and Ian interplay, .... this stuff really takes it out of
them. But it was a different energy that KJ's.

Alex in NYC