[kj] Top 50 songs of 2000-2010

Wessidetempest wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 17 09:05:33 EDT 2010

What sucks about Tool more than anything is their fans. I am likely
just as rabid when it comes to Killing, Tom Waits or Motorhead. But
their fans are so annoying about telling you how awesome the drummer
is or how crazy Maynard is for wearing a dress ( or whatever typical
singer hijinx you can think of). Their fans are in the same league as
the grateful dead, primus, etc.

On Apr 17, 2010, at 8:52 AM, Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> Hmmmm.. Well, I might have said they sucked. They do kinda suck, but

> I don't hate them. They just took themselves way too seriously, and

> Maynard's vocals tend to grate after a while. That all said, they

> had the odd decent single.

> Meanwhile, apart from Maynard's sartorial/tonsorial shenanigans, A

> Perfect Circle refreshingly stripped away all the stuff that put me

> off Tool. And "Judith" is just the perfect mix of heavy riffage and

> blasphemy.

> Also, Paz on bass was hot.

> Alex in NYC

> On Apr 17, 2010, at 8:47 AM, Brendan wrote:

>> I SWEAR I heard you say, back in the day "Tool suck, always have

>> and always

>> will"

>> Anyway yeah, the first and second APC albums were great, the third

>> was, well

>> no comment except it was worth it for this (Passive was okay as

>> well, the

>> rest was embarrassing):

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFw9fHN6Bhc

>>> list