[kj] Top 50 songs of 2000-2010

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 16 09:59:53 EDT 2010

Jay Reatard "bored" you?

You mean the Jay Reatard who was in his own solo band, died at age 29 a
few months ago, was in Lost Sounds (absolutely fucking amazing band,
sorry - to wit; <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUihczqFldU> ), and in
the Final Solutions (<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K6TNitmtgo>),
Nervous Patterns, The Reatards, toured with the reunited Adverts (!!!),
etc.?

That bored you? But The Shins rock. Okay. Wow.

You alo wrote: "MDC stopped mattering to me a long, long time ago. First
couple of records are great, but the last thing of theirs I heard (from
2008 or so) was hopeless."

MDC made one single LP the past decade (like Poison Idea or Fugazi also
did.), And it actually kinda kicked ass. So did Fugazi's last LP or the
single Poison idea Lp made last decade.

-0liver