[kj] stage sitting

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Tue Sep 22 06:55:45 EDT 2009

Their fans always looked like trouble.  I remember trying to stop a guy in a Meteors t-shirt beating up some drunk guy at a gig. I grabbed his arm (which inevitably was in a cut-off t-shirt), and my hand didn't go half-way round his biceps (and I have big hands). He turned round, swung for me, I ducked, and he went back to trying to punch the drunk character. Another punk grabbed him from the other side, and got swung at too (again, the psychobilly guy missed). Then I grabbed him again, and dodged another punch.  Then the other punk grabbed him, etc etc.  This went on for what seemed like an age (but was probably only 3 punches each) while we shouted to the drunk guy to fuck off somewhere else, which thankfully he eventually did.

Saying, I knew three blokes (separately) who were psychobillies.  One reckoned he was hard (and acted it) but actually was useless in a fight unless his mates were there.  The other two were both gentle and well-mannered young men.  Mind you, I never saw them at a Meteors gig...

Jamie