[kj] OT: Obama and Fox

The Mighty TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Tue Oct 20 22:28:27 EDT 2009

Karen Weil wrote:

Afraid I have to take exception to that. I am a journalist (not working in
that exact capacity right now, however), and always tried my best to report
both sides fairly and ask tough, but legitimate, questions to political
figures.
Now, obviously, the "star news media" is another matter. I understand your
point, at the same time.

++++++++

This ties in to a small measure to this thread's topic and what's wrong with
American "news" reporting these days.

No doubt some of you heard about the "fake" press conference called today by
a guy alleging to be a representative of the US Chamber of Commerce that
duped a fair number of major media/news outlets. Here's unedited video of
that event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYGcIhNGSIY

What's almost as disturbing as the prank itself is the utter ignorance of a
few of the reporters in that room who actually interrupt the real CoC rep
Eric Wohlschlegel wanting to continue to interview the (obviously flustered
and unconvincing) fake including one reporter who actually says she "has a
deadline to meet." rather amusingly, most if not all news reports on the
evening news as well as CNN's website edit out the bit where a few reporters
argue with Wohlschlegel so as not to make *any* reporters look like
incompetent dupes.

T.B.